Coffee Mark Products Sdn. Bhd. and any of its holding, subsidiary or related companies as defined in the Companies Act 2016 (collectively, “the Company”, “the Group”, “Coffeemark“, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your rights with regards to your personal information when you communicate with us.
For a detailed description of our privacy practices, please click on any of the questions below.
Please note we may combine personal information that we collect via one method (e.g., a website) with personal information that we collect via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our consumers, which in turn, allows us to serve you better and with more customization.
- Coffeemark websites, including any consumer-directed websites operated by Coffeemark and pages that we run on third party social networks;
- Coffeemark mobile sites and applications;
- Coffeemark text messaging programs;
- registration forms which we may collect from consumers, whether online or offline, including by post, during in-store demonstrations, or other in-person events or contests;
- any of Coffeemark’s contests, events or campaigns;
- Call centres;
- Authorised Third Parties; and
- Other sources (e.g. third party data aggregators).
2. What personal information does Coffeemark collect and how does Coffeemark collect it?
Personal information or personal data is information that can be used to identify you on its own or in combination with other data that we collect or have access to. In cases where personal and other information is combined (e.g. personal contact information with account login or demographic information), such information is considered to be personal information).
We strive to limit the amount of personal information we collect and store to only that which is reasonably necessary to provide you with the relevant services.
- Personal contact information - information that would allow us to contact you personally such as your name, home or mailing address, phone number or email address. In some cases it would include information you give us about someone else (e.g. if you provide a friend’s email address for a tell-a-friend programme).
- Account login information.
- Demographic information (e.g. date of birth, age etc.)
- Technical computer information (e.g. IP addresses, type of operating system, web browser type) See further the answers to Question 8.
- Website Usage Information – information about how you use or navigate our websites, applications, online advertisements including which links you click, which pages you view and for how long, and other similar information and/or statistics such as date and time of visit, which site you came from, favorite recipes and site activities). See further the answers to Question 8.
- Consumer feedback.
- Consumer generated content – This includes information that you create and voluntarily share with us (and perhaps others) by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including on our social network sites such as but not limited to Facebook or Twitter.
- Social network information – this includes information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as but not limited to Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us.
- Payment information including your credit card details, billing name and address (for example when you buy a Coffeemark product online)
- Other information which we might need to collect for a specific Coffeemark’s contest, event or campaign, form, feature or other services that you use or request.
- Sensitive personal information – This includes information about your physical or mental health or your medical condition and your religious beliefs which was gathered with your explicit consent at the point of collection.
3. How does Coffeemark keep your personal information secure?
- storing your personal information in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized Coffeemark’s employees, and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1) who are contractually bound to take reasonable measures to keep information secure);
- ensure sufficient security measures are implemented to protect the confidentiality and security of certain sensitive personal information (such as credit card information or health information) during transmission, and,
- verifying the identities of registered users before they can access the personal information we maintain about them.
4. What purposes does Coffeemark use your personal information for?
Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which you provided it to Coffeemark. It will also be used to administer, support and obtain feedback on the level of our services and to prevent breaches of security, the law or our contract terms.
Additionally, we may use your personal information for the purposes set out below. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every consumer.
- Account & membership maintenance, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account
- To conduct consumer insight studies
- Customer service
- Product improvement and customization
- Consumer engagement
- Contests and other promotions
- Marketing communication
- Third party social networking, which may be integrated in our sites or applications for the purposes of running contests, allowing you to share content with friends, etc.
- Website improvement and personalization
- Website community features such as sharing pictures, videos, artwork or other messages or content
- Website viral features, which allow you to easily share certain news, product information, promotions, wish list items, or other content with family members and friends (typically using names and email addresses)
- Order fulfillment
- Other general purposes (e.g. website security, internal research, etc.)
5. Who does the Group disclose or transfer your personal information to and why?
Coffeemark may share and transfer your personal information with our related companies anywhere in the world including our parent company and its subsidiaries (collectively our “Related Companies”) and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1).
We may also share your personal information with co-sponsors and promotion partners. This may involve, in some cases a transfer of your personal information outside Malaysia. Please see Question 7 – "Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?” for information on data transfers outside Malaysia."
When you become a winner in a contest or participate in our events, we may publish your name, photographs, and other personal information without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a company other than us, our Related Companies and our Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1), you can always choose not to opt in or participate in these events at the time the personal information is collected/requested.
- We may disclose your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies if we are required to do so by law; or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; to respond to any legal claims or actions; or to protect the rights of Coffeemark, its customers and/or the public.
- We may also supply your personal information to potential acquirers of any relevant Coffeemark business.
6. How can you access, modify or make other choices regarding the use of the personal information you send to us?
The following outlines the choices you have with respect to the collection and use of your personal information by us.
You can opt out - You always have the option not to share any of your personal information with us. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
How to opt out - If you do not want to receive communications and/or services from a Coffeemark website or brand, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please visit the appropriate opt out section(s) on our website or application and amend your preferences.
What if I receive an e-mail, message or another contact I am not expecting - Along with every e-mail marketing communication sent to you, we provide you the option to discontinue receiving future marketing communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
How do I know whether I am opted in - You can always review or update any personal information that we may have collected about you. To do this, please visit the appropriate opt-out section(s) on our website or application.
- Address: Coffee Mark Products Sdn. Bhd. (Company No.: 665168-A), Plot 53, Bayan Lepas Industrial Estate, Phase IV, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia;
- Web Form: Contact Us;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us: Tel: 604-6438998 / Fax: 604-6441919.
7. Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?
Coffeemark may evolve into a global company and your personal information may be transferred across borders. Your personal information may be transferred between Related Companies (defined in Question 5) and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1) of the Group (parent company of Coffeemark or sister companies in which Coffeemark related to either direct or indirect ownership) located in different countries. Coffeemark takes the reasonably appropriate measures to maintain security of the personal information both during transit and at the receiving location. Coffeemark will ensure that the country your data is transferred to has a similar or equivalent personal data protection laws in place.
The server that makes our websites available may be located outside the country from which you have accessed this website. All providers are bound by an agreement that ensures a high standard of privacy protection and requires (amongst other provisions) that it act only on Coffeemark’s instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal information secure.
8. Tracking Technologies - How and why does Coffeemark use them?
Coffeemark uses Tracking Technologies to gain a better understanding how visitors use this website. Tracking Technologies help us tailor Coffeemark websites to your personal needs, to improve their user-friendliness, gain customer satisfaction feedback on our websites (through designated partners) and to communicate to you elsewhere on the web. To enable this some Tracking Technologies are applied when you enter our sites.
Coffeemark keeps all the information collected from these Tracking Technologies in a non–personally identifiable format.
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of this website if you do so. See your browser "help" button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of this and other Coffeemark websites. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
9. What is SPAMMING and what is Coffeemark's position on SPAM?
Spamming is where advertisements or marketing related materials are communicated to you either orally or in writing in an unsolicited manner and without your consent.
Coffeemark DOES NOT send SPAM. Coffeemark will not use your personal information (including your e-mail address, address, phone number) for direct marketing or follow-up communications unless you give us your EXPRESS permission. This is called "OPT-IN" consent.
Coffeemark websites give you the option to receive marketing information by e-mail. Every e-mail sent by Coffeemark will give you the option to stop receiving any form of marketing materials at anytime.
If for some reason you believe you have received SPAM from the Company, please inform us immediately. For contact details please see Question 6.
10. How long does Coffeemark keep your personal information?
Coffeemark may store the personal information that you send to us in its separate databases. Your personal information will be kept by the Group only for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using Coffeemark’s services or stop using Coffeemark websites. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from all systems in the Group.
We remind you that you have a right to have your personal information deleted at any time. Please see Question 6 on how can you access, modify or make other choices regarding the use of the Personal Information you send to us.
11. What is Coffeemark's policy on communication with children?
We believe that it is highly important to protect the privacy of children and we encourage parents or guardians to spend time with their children to participate in and monitor their activities, including e-activities.
We only collect personal information from children if parents or guardians provide consent for the child to submit personal information and we will ask children only for the personal information necessary to participate in the program for which the child is registering.
Children specific Websites
Special note to Children under the age of 18
If you are under the age of 18, we advise that you speak with your parent or guardian BEFORE giving your personal information to Coffeemark websites. If you are not sure you understand something in this section, you should ask your parent or guardian for their help.
Special note to Parents of Children under the age of 18
We recommend that parents/guardians regularly check and monitor their children's use of e-mail and other online activities.
Please make sure that your child does not give us personally identifiable information online without asking your permission.
You can, at any point in time, check your child's personal information and have it changed or deleted online. Alternatively, you can also ask us to delete any of your child's information by sending us a deletion request form by e-mail/postal mail to the address given in contact details set out in Question 6.
12. Does Coffeemark link to other third party websites and what happens to my personal information when this linking happens?
13. What happens to my personal information when I e-mail a Coffeemark web page to someone else?
Some of our websites may provide you with the opportunity to e-mail a web page address to another person. For this feature to work, we may need to collect your e-mail address and/or the e-mail addresses of those you send the web page to. E-mail addresses collected in this way are not used for any purpose other than to fulfill your request. These e-mail addresses are not stored and are deleted immediately after your request is fulfilled.
14. What happens to my personal information if I participate in a survey conducted by Coffeemark?
From time to time, we may ask our website visitors or customers or participants in any of our campaigns, contests or other promotional events to answer survey questions. Surveys generally will relate to the content of our websites, our products or categories of products. We may ask for age or age ranges, gender, and/or other non-personally identifiable information. For the purposes of these surveys, we may add information obtained from Tracking Technologies (for online surveys) deployed to your survey answers but no personally identifiable information will be requested. Personal information gathered from polls and surveys are for Coffeemark internal use only but aggregated (and non-personally identifiable) information may be shared with others.